Monthly Meeting Information
The Board of Park and Recreation Commissioners of Morgantown meets monthly. Meetings are held on the third Wednesday of the month at the Marilla Center in Marilla Park. Meetings begin at 3pm and are open to the public.
Did you know that BOPARC currently has three open volunteer Board member positions. For more information on how to apply for City boards and commissions, follow this link:
SPECIAL NOTE: ABOUT OUR AUGUST MEETING: The next Board of Park and Recreation Commissioners Meeting will be Wednesday, August 15th at 3pm at City Council Chambers. We are changing location for this meeting ONLY due to the fact that our summer camps are still in session at the Marilla Center and we have speakers on the agenda that have audiovisual needs for their presentations. We need a room that can accommodate those needs. We will be noting this location change on our regular public notice of our meeting as well.
PUBLIC COMMENT GUIDELINES
The Board of Park and Recreation Commissioners encourages and values citizen input at its meetings. To ensure BOPARC meetings are efficient and productive, the following protocol is established.
- BOPARC meetings are open to the public.
- Public comments will be scheduled as the first agenda item for each regular BOPARC meeting.
- Any member of the public wishing to provide public comment must request to be included on the agenda by contacting the BOPARC Administrative Office and must provide their name, address, the name of the organization they represent (if any), and the general topic or issue on which they desire to comment.
- Individuals offering public comment should limit remarks to not more than ten minutes (including Board questions, clarifications, and further action if applicable).
- A maximum time limit of 30 minutes will be allocated for public comment at any one BOPARC meeting. If the number of individuals on the sign-up sheet would exceed the allotted 30-minute time frame, the Chairman has the latitude to limit individual remarks to a shorter time period.
- Individuals represented by a common organization or association must select one individual to speak for the group.
- Individuals who speak for less than their allotted time may not yield their remaining time to another speaker.
- Public comments made at BOPARC meetings must be relevant to the Board's functions and responsibilities.
- Individuals may submit written comments to the Executive Director. All written comments will be forwarded to the BOPARC Commissioners.
- Speakers shall direct all comments to the Board, not to individual BOPARC Commissioners.
- Profane or vulgar language, partisan political statements, and comments related to the conduct or performance of BOPARC Commissioners or agency staff will not permitted.
- Public comment may be received without Board comment or response. However, members may seek clarification or additional information from speakers through the Chairman.
- The Chairman has the right to exercise discretion in the implementation of this policy.